Fort DeRussy is a United States military reservation in the Waikiki area of Honolulu, Hawaii, under the jurisdiction of the United States Army. Unfenced and largely open to public traffic, the installation consists mainly of landscaped greenspace. The former Battery Randolph now houses the U.S. Army Museum of Hawaiʻi, which is open to the public.
Fort DeRussy in Honolulu is one of five Forts DeRussy in the United States. The two in Louisiana, one in Kentucky, and one in Washington, D.C., were all built during the American Civil War. This one was named for General René Edward De Russy (1789–1865). Rene and his brother Lewis were both graduates of the United States Military Academy at West Point. Lewis was the oldest West Point graduate to serve in the Confederate Army, while older brother Rene served on the Union side.
Located on Waikiki Beach, very near Oahu's historic hotels the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and the Moana Hotel, the former Shore Battery Randolph was used as site for servicemen on Rest and Recuperation (R&R) during the Vietnam War. Fort DeRussy was one of a number of shore batterys on the island of Oahu designed to provide coastal defense. Most of the guns on these sites were retired during the early 1950s. The Fourteen inch guns of Shore Battery Randolph were fired once in a practice shortly after the Attack on Pearl Harbor, shattering many of the windows in the Royal Hawaiian and Moana, and were not fired again.