The Flying W Ranch was a working mountain cattle ranch, and since 1953 a tourism venue in the foothills of Colorado Springs, Colorado. From May to October, the ranch featured outdoor chuckwagon suppers typical of those served on cattle drives, and western style living history areas.
Beginning the first weekend in October, meals and entertainment moved indoors to the Winter Steakhouse, through the third weekend in December and again from early March through mid May.Meals were followed by the cowboy singing by the Flying W Wranglers. The Flying W Wranglers were a part of the ranch's traditional entertainment from 1953 to 2012, making them the World
's second oldest western singing group.
Made up of working cowboys on the Flying W Ranch, the members participated in branding each fall as well as all other duties of farm-and-ranch life.The Flying W Chuckwagon (with the Flying W Wranglers) was part of the Chuckwagon Association of the West, that consisted of five other member chuck-wagons located in Wyoming, South Dakota, New Mexico
, Missouri, and Colorado, all of which featured traditional chuck-wagon cooking, followed by professional-quality after-supper entertainment of comedy and western songs.