Five Mile Point Light, also known as Five Mile Point Lighthouse or Old New Haven Harbor Lighthouse, is a lighthouse in New Haven, Connecticut, United States, on the harbor entrance to Long Island Sound, five miles (8 km) from Downtown New Haven. It is located in Lighthouse Point Park. The lighthouse, completed in 1845, and a keeper's dwelling built in 1812 were described in detail and were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. The original lighthouse, built in 1805, was a 30-foot (9.1 m) octagonal wooden tower. Mariners complained that the light was not bright enough nor tall enough, so in 1847, a new 65-foot (20 m) tower with 12 Lamps with 21-inch (530 mm) reflectors, was built. The lamp system was upgraded to a fourth-order Fresnel lens in 1855. The lighthouse was extinguished in 1877 when the offshore Southwest Ledge Light replaced it for navigation.