The First Presbyterian Church of Hollywood has had a significant impact on both the Presbyterian Church and evangelical Christianity around the World. The church was founded in 1903. A large brick gothic sanctuary was built in 1923, and seats 1,700, with a balcony on both sides and in the back. The church campus covers a full square block on Gower Street, one block north of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks from the legendary intersection of Hollywood and Vine. “Hollywood Pres”, as it is informally known grew to be the largest Presbyterian Church in the world by the mid-1960s. It has been led by some of the nation’s most renowned clergymen.