Edwin Hawley Hewitt (born Red Wing, Minnesota 1874) was a prominent local architect in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He designed this house, at the corner of Franklin Avenue and Stevens Avenue, in 1906. The house is within the Stevens Square neighborhood. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Hewitt studied at the University of Minnesota
, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris. He returned to Minnesota in 1904, and in 1911, he partnered with architect Edwin Brown. Hewitt's house is architecturally significant within Minneapolis and testifies to the impact of his career.