The Edward King House, is a monumentally scaled residence in Newport, Rhode Island. It was designed for Edward King in the "Italian Villa" style by Richard Upjohn and was built between 1845 and 1847, making it one of the earliest representations of the style. It was the largest and grandest house in Newport when it was built. Edward King was the largest landowner in town by 1860, having made his fortune through the China Trade.
The Edward King House was donated to the city of Newport in 1912 by Edward King's son and subsequently housed the Newport Public Library. It is now a senior citizens' center.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on 15 October 1970 and designated as a National Historic Landmark on 30 December 1970.It has a notable Southern counterpart in Kenworthy Hall, designed by Upjohn a decade later. That house is also a National Historic Landmark.