The Edna S. Purcell house was designed by William Gray Purcell & George Grant Elmslie for Purcell and his family in 1913. The dwelling is considered a masterpiece of Prairie School architecture. The long, narrow floor plan of the house disregards Victorian concepts about room divisions. The landscaping was designed by landscape architect Harry Franklin Baker.
This house near Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis, Minnesota was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The house has been extensively restored, and is now owned by the Minneapolis Institute Of Arts. Tours are available on the second weekend of every month.