Edmore is a village in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. Edmore was founded and platted by Edwin B. Moore, a real estate man, in 1878, and named with a contraction of his name. A post office was established on July 22, 1878 with Abraham West as the first postmaster. Its station on the Detroit, Lansing and Northern Railroad was called "Edmore Junction". It was incorporated as a village in 1879 with Moore as its first president.