The East Entrance Sign was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The sign comprises of a locally-quarried red sandstone pillar flanking the east entrance road, with a horizontal log projecting from one pylon supporting a sign.
The sign was designed by the National Park Service Branch of Plans and Designs in 1936 and built by Civilian Conservation Corps labor from Camp NP-2. It was altered in 1940 to the design of Park Service architects H.W. Young and A.C. Kuehl. The sign reflects a consistent design theme that was developed for many park structures in Zion.
The east sign is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 7, 1987 with reference number 86003710.