Duson is a town in Acadia and Lafayette parishes in the U.S. state of Louisiana. The town was named after Curley Duson. The Lafayette Parish portion of Duson is part of the Lafayette Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Acadia Parish portion is part of the Crowley Micropolitan Statistical Area. In 1927, St Theresa Catholic Church was completed. Cotton farming was the main agriculture for the area. Three cotton gins were in Duson until the mid 1960s. Fires destroyed two and the third was torn down. After World War II, small lots east of Duson were developed, with small houses using brick siding paper on the exterior. Because of that, the area became known as "Paper Town." Originally known as "Duson Station" the town was laid out by J.G. Parkerson, general manager of the Louisiana Western Railroad. By August 30, 1880, the railroad line from New Orleans to Houston was completed and passenger and freight service began. It merged with Southern Pacific Railroad in 1900. The village of Duson was incorporated on December 16, 1909, named after the land developer Curley Duson and installed Adolph De Jean as the first mayor.