The Duquesne Club is a private social club in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, founded in 1873. The Duquesne Club was founded in 1873. Its first president was John H. Ricketson. The club's present home, a Romanesque structure designed by Longfellow, Alden & Harlow on Sixth Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh, was opened in 1890; an addition designed by Janssen & Cocken that included a garden patio, barbershop, and new kitchens was constructed in 1931. The building achieved landmark status from the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation in 1976, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. In 2009, the Duquesne Club was ranked as the second best city club in the nation, behind the Union League Club of Chicago.