DeWitt Clinton Park is a 5.8-acre (23,000 sq m) New York City public park in the Hell's Kitchen, New York neighborhood between West 52nd Street and 54th Street (Manhattan) and Eleventh Avenue (Manhattan) and the West Side Highway in Manhattan. The park which was one of the first New York City parks in Manhattan on the working waterfront of the Hudson River is named for DeWitt Clinton who had created a business boom of Hudson commerce when he opened the Erie Canal.
It is the biggest New York City park in the neighborhood and since 1959 the neighborhood has frequently been referred to as "Clinton." It is the only park on the west side of Manhattan to have lighted ball fields. The park was the first community garden in New York City.