Corydon's history dates to the American Revolution, when the area was captured by George Rogers Clark from the British, bringing it under the control of the fledgling United States. Corydon is a town in Harrison Township, Harrison County, Indiana, United States, founded in 1808, and is known as Indiana's First State Capital. After Vincennes, Corydon was the second capital of the Indiana Territory from May 1, 1813, until December 11, 1816. After statehood, the town was the capital of Indiana until January 10, 1825, when it moved to Indianapolis. The town remains the county seat of Harrison County and had a population of 3,122 at the 2010 census.