East Windsor is surrounded by the towns of Enfield to the North, South Windsor to the South, Ellington to the East, and Windsor Locks and Windsor to the West. To the west. The border with Windsor and Windsor Locks is run though by the Connecticut River. The northern portion of East Windsor was annexed from Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1768; the southern portion was annexed from Windsor, Connecticut, also in 1768. East Windsor is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 11,162 at the 2010 census. The town has five villages: Broad Brook, Melrose, Scantic, Warehouse Point and Windsorville.