The Conference House (also known as "Bentley Manor") was built before 1680 and is located near the southernmost tip of New York State on Staten Island, which became known as "Billop's Point" in the 18th century. The Staten Island Peace Conference was held here on September 11, 1776, which unsuccessfully attempted to end the American Revolutionary War. The house, a National and New York City Landmark, is the only pre-Revolutionary manor house still surviving in New York City. It is located at Conference House Park overlooking Raritan Bay. The house is also located within the Ward's Point Conservation Area, separately added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
- Benjamin Franklin
- John Adams
- Edward Routledge
- Lord Howe
- Major General Charles Grey: leader of British forces at the Paoli Massacre
- John Graves Simcoe: leader of the Queen's Rangers and the founder of Toronto.
In 1901 Assemblyman Van Name of Richmond County
, New York introduced a bill for the preservation of the house.In 1926 the house was in danger of being razed.Through the efforts of a group of concerned citizens, a non-profit organization, "The Conference House Association", was formed, and the house was saved. In 1929 the Municipal Assembly of the City of New York placed the house under the association's aegis. The Conference House Park was created in 1926.The house was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1966.