The Colman Building is a historic office building located in Seattle, Washington. It occupies a half of a block in downtown Seattle in proximity to Pioneer Square, bound by First Avenue, Marion and Columbia Streets. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well as being a City of Seattle landmark.
The building was built in several stages with a change of design between 1889 and 1906. It was commissioned by Scottish immigrant and master machinist James Colman who arrived in Seattle in 1872. Architect Stephen Meany designed the original plans while the reconstruction that is visible today was designed by August Tidemand inspired by the Chicago School with less ornamentation and large pivoting windows. The cast iron elements from the original building remain on the first floor, while the second floor was rebuilt of rusticated stone. Four floors of red brick trimmed with marble were built on top of this. The building is crowned with a copper cornice.