Cochran, the County Seat of Bleckley County, Georgia, is named for Judge Arthur E. Cochran and was incorporated on March 19, 1869. Once known as Dykesboro, Cochran was settled by B. B. Dykes, who owned the site on which the town is built. The earliest settlers located here to engage in the turpentine industry. Cochran is a city in Bleckley County, Georgia, United States. The city is the county seat of Bleckley County.