Lincoln Park in San Francisco, California, was dedicated to President Abraham Lincoln in 1909 and includes about 100 acres (0.4 km2) of the northwestern corner of the San Francisco Peninsula.Lincoln Park is the Western Terminus of the Lincoln Highway, the first road across the United States of America.
The land on which Lincoln Park stands was a cemetery in use in the late 1860s and possibly earlier. In 1902, golf enthusiasts laid out a three-hole course on part of the land. In 1909, the Board of Supervisors turned the land over to the Parks Commission, and cemetery relocation began. The golf course expanded to 14 holes by 1914, then to a full 18 holes in 1917. During this period of development some 50 acres (200,000 m2) of the original tract were turned over to the federal government to be added to the neighboring Fort Miley Military Reservation.