Burnet Woods, owned and operated by the Cincinnati Park Board, is an 89.3-acre (361,000 m2) city park in Cincinnati, Ohio.The neighborhoods of Clifton and University Heights bound the park on three sides, while the University Of Cincinnati west campus forms the souther border. Burnet Woods is bounded by Martin Luther King Drive on the south, Bishop Street on the east, Jefferson and Ludlow Avenues on the north, and Clifton Avenue on the west. Two streets — Brookline Avenue and Burnet Woods Drive- also pass through the park.
The original park area was purchased by the city in 1872, with additional purchases made in 1881 and since. In 1875 an artificial lake was added. The park contains a bandstand constructed in 1911, The Lone Star Pavilion, Diggs Fountain Plaza, a playground area and the Trailside Nature Center (which houses Wolff Planetarium).
Located along the southern edge of the park, at the intersection of Martin Luther King Drive and Brookline Avenue, the Richardson Monument was erected in 1972 by University of Cincinnati students. The sculpture, designed by architect Stephen J. Carter,is composed of 84 tons of carved pink granite that was salvaged from H.H. Richardson's Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce Building.
The Chamber of Commerce was built in 1889 at the southwest corner of 4th street and Vine Street in downtown Cincinnati, but was destroyed by fire a mere twenty-two years later in 1911.The site of Richardson's building is now the location of PNC Tower (built 1913).