The Big Four Bridge is an abandoned six-span railroad truss bridge that crosses the Ohio River, connecting Louisville, Kentucky, and Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States. It was completed in 1895, and updated in 1929. It has its largest span at 547 feet (167 m), for 2,525 feet (770 m) in total. It gets its name from the defunct Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway, which was nicknamed the "Big Four Railroad".
Access to the Big Four Bridge is currently limited, as the access ways onto the bridge for the general public were removed in 1969, earning the Big Four Bridge the nickname "Bridge That Goes Nowhere". The bridge is presently being converted into a bicycle/pedestrian crossing. The George Rogers Clark Memorial Bridge downstream, which carries U.S. 31 across the river, is presently the only bridge allowing bicyclists and pedestrians travel between Louisville and its Indiana suburbs of New Albany, Clarksville, and Jeffersonville.
The Big Four Bridge is a six-span bridge, totaling 2,525 ft (770 m) long, with a clearance of 53 ft (16 m). The northernmost span is a riveted, eight-panel Parker through truss. The next three spans are 547 ft (167 m) long, and are riveted, sixteen-panel Pennsylvania through trusses. The two southern spans are riveted, 10-panel Parker through trusses. It carried a single track of railway.