The Bexar County Courthouse is an historical building in Downtown San Antonio, Texas, USA.The building was designed by architect J. Riely Gordon, and borders Main Plaza, along with such other architectural landmarks as the Cathedral Of San Fernando.
The style is Romanesque Revival, and the main material used is red sandstone. Ground was broken for Gordon's structure on August 4, 1891 and the cornerstone was laid December 17, 1892. After several delays, construction was fully completed in 1896. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.The Courthouse currently functions as the County Seat of Bexar County.