The Bentley Historical Library is a historical library located on the University of Michigan's North Campus in Ann Arbor. It was established in 1935 by the regents of the University Of Michigan. Its mission is to serve as the official archives of the university and to document the history of the state of Michigan, as well as the activities of its people, organizations and voluntary associations. The library is named after Alvin M. Bentley, a former regent and U.S. Congressman, whose widow, Arvella D. Bentley, endowed the library.