The Basilica and Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a Roman Catholic Basilica in Boston, Massachusetts, sometimes known as Mission Church. The Redemptorist Fathers built a modest wooden mission church on the location in 1870. The current church structure was first built in 1878, of Roxbury puddingstone; its spires were added in 1910. Due to the church's sloping foundation, the west cross tops its tower at 215 feet (66 m); the other spire is two feet shorter. The length of the church is also 215 feet (66 m), presenting a perfect proportion. The church was elevated to basilica status in 1956 by Pope Pius XII.
It is located on Tremont Street, almost at the center Mission Hill, a 0.75 square miles (1.9 km2) Boston neighborhood of approximately 18,000 people. The church is considered the symbol of the neighborhood, to which it gives its name.