The Barney Flat Historic Railroad Logging Landscape is the historic remains of railroad logging on the South Kaibab Plateau in the early 20th century. Barney Flat is the only stump field on the National Register of Historic Places. Barney Flat is located in the Kaibab National Forest, along the Perkinsville Road, south of Williams, Arizona. It was added to the National Register in 1995.
The Saginaw and Manistee logging company used temporary logging railroads to clearcut the South Kaibab of ponderosa pines between 1897 and 1936. When the Williams mill ran out of timber in 1928, operations turned north to the Tusayan Ranger District, south of Grand Canyon National Park. The Saginaw and Manistee used the Grand Canyon Railway line between 1928 and 1936. To access the timber stands loggers simply laid ties and set down rail. As almost all rail was reused until it was worn out, then sold for scrap iron, only the wooden cross ties remain as evidence of this historic logging practice.