The Bagley Memorial Fountain is a historic fountain in Detroit
. It has recently been moved from its long-time location in Campus Martius Park
to a new location in just down the street in Cadillac
Square Park. The fountain was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated a Michigan
State Historic Site in 1971.
The John N. Bagley House (1889) at 2921 East Jefferson Avenue in Detroit was contructed for Governor Bagley's son, and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.The Bagley Memorial Fountain stands 21 feet high with a basin 7 feet across. At the center of the fountain, four lion heads distribute water. In the original design, two of the heads produced "normal" temperature water and the other two produced cold water, chilled by ice packed around the fountain pipes.