Bader Field (IATA: AIY, ICAO: KAIY, FAA LID: AIY), also known as Atlantic City Municipal Airport, was a city-owned public-use general aviation airport located in 1 nautical mile (1.85 km) west of Atlantic City, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States. It was approximately one mile from the terminus of U.S. Route 40 and U.S. Route 322. Bader Field permanently closed on September 30, 2006. It was named after the former mayor of Atlantic City Edward L. Bader, who purchased the land for the airfield.
Bader Field was opened in 1910 and was authorized to provide passenger service in 1911. It was the first U.S. municipal airport with facilities for both seaplanes and land-based airplanes. The first known usage of the term "air-port" appeared in a newspaper article in 1919, in reference to Bader Field. The term was coined by Robert Woodhouse and referred to the "Flying Limousines", a seaplane passenger service between Atlantic City and New York.
Bader Field covered an area of 143 acres (58 ha) at an elevation of 8 feet (2.4 m) above mean sea level. It had two asphalt paved runways: 4/22 measured 2,595 by 100 feet (791 x 30 m) and 11/29 measured 2,948 by 100 feet (899 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending January 4, 2001, the airport had 10,683 aircraft operations, an average of 29 per day: 81% general aviation and 19% air taxi.