The Annunciation Church is a church located in Houston, Texas listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Annunciation Catholic Church was the second Catholic Church established in Houston and was an outgrowth of the original St Vincent’s established in 1839. It was the work of the Very Rev. Joseph Querat, a canon of the Cathedral in Lyons, France and a missionary to Texas from 1852 -1878.
In 1866 the Bishop of Galveston, Claude M. Dubuis, purchased from Peter W. Gray the half block at Texas and Crawford streets for $2,000. Texas architect Nicholas J. Clayton designed the structure using the Gothic forms of European cathedrals. The bricks from the old Harris County Courthouse were purchased and used for the construction of the church which was started in 1867 and completed in 1874. On April 25, 1869, the cornerstone was laid by dignitaries who marched to this site from old St Vincent’s; the sacristy and steeple were added between 1881 and 1884.