The Andrew W. Mellon Memorial Fountain is a bronze fountain sculpture by Paul Manship and Sidney Waugh. It is located in Washington D.C., United States, just north of the National Gallery of Art, at Pennsylvania Avenue, Constitution Avenue, and 6th Street NW. The fountain is maintained by the Department of the Interior and was dedicated on May 9, 1952, by Harry S. Truman.
The round fountain is made up of three small-to-large nested bronze basins, which sit in a granite outer basin. The outer, and largest, bronze basin is decorated in zodiac signs.The small basin serves as the venue for a 20 foot tall water spouting jet. The water then proceeds to spill over the small basin and over the edge of the other basins, eventually over and into the granite basin. Surrounding the fountain is a seven foot wide granite walkway and a semi-circular granite bench.