Anderson, county seat of Madison County is the also the seat of the Church of God. It is home of Anderson University and city highlights include the historic Paramount Theatre and Grunewald Historic House. Located to the northeast of Indianapolis, Anderson is a revitalized town with new enterprises coming up.
The city was named after Chief William Anderson, whose mother was a Delaware Indian and father of Swedish descent. The Delaware village was known as Anderson's Town and also as Andersonton before being formally called Anderson. Just as the town got incorporated in 1853, the Central Canal came through Anderson causing a growth in the population.