Aloha Jewish Chapel was built in 1975 on the grounds of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. It was designed by Vladimir Ossipoff as the first free-standing Jewish chapel built by the United States government exclusively for Jewish worship. (The Commodore Levy Chapel, Naval Station Norfolk, is the Navy's oldest Jewish Chapel, but it is part of a larger Chapel complex.) The congregation raised money for and purchased a new Torah scroll, which was dedicated on October 26, 2008. This was the first dedication of a new Torah scroll in the State of Hawaii.
The Chapel (Building 1514) is located just inside the Makalapa Gate. Shabbat services are held at 7:30 pm on Fridays and at 9:15 am on Saturdays. Unless prior arrangements are made, those attending services must have, or be accompanied onto the base by someone having, a military identification card.