Adamana is a ghost town in Apache County in the northeast section of the U.S. state of Arizona. The town was settled in 1896 in what was then the Arizona Territory.
Named after local sheep rancher Adam Hanna, it was established in 1896, and had a post office until 1969. It was a railroad stop and a ranching settlement, once known as the "Gateway to the Painted Desert." At its peak, Adamana had about 30 families, a post office, a school, and a store. When a gas plant was established in Adamana and the new Interstate 40 passed it by, the residents began to leave. The hotel burned down in 1965, destroying some irreplaceable treasures such as the hotel register, which was signed by such people as Theodore Roosevelt and a king of Spain.