Yezupil (Polish: Jezupol) is a town/urban-type settlement (selysche mis'koho typu) in western Ukraine. It is located in the Tysmenytsia Raion (district) of the Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast (province), approximately 14 km north of the oblast capital, Ivano-Frankivsk. Yezupil was previously referred to as part of the Halych Powiat (county). It is also a part of the historic region of Pokuttya in Galicia. Turn of the century town Jezupol (former Zhovten) was a fair size town (with its own Jewish Kahil and Roman Catholic Church and Greek Catholic Church) in Galicia/Halychyna in Austro-Hungarian Empire.
It is approximately 7 km from Halych, the former capital of the Principality of Halych Volhynia in the 10/12th centuries. In 1352 – 1772 it was a part of Ruthenia Voivodeship in the Kingdom of Poland. First written in 1435. Up until the 16th century it was a village named Tzaishibesi, which had a wooden fortress. When the fort was destroyed during one of the Tatar incursions, Jakub Potocki, the voivode of Wroclaw and private owner of the town, renamed it Jesupol, after Jesus in 1597. In 1598, a fortress and Dominican monastery was erected, and the town developed next to it. The monastery had a rich and famous library of ancient scriptures and prints.