The Port of Istanbul is a passenger terminal for cruise liners, which is situated at Karaköy neighborhood of Beyoğlu district in Istanbul, Turkey. It consists of two adjoining piers, the Galata Pier and the SalıPazarı Pier, extending from the Galata Bridge on the Golden Horn to Salıpazarı on the west coast of the Bosporus. It is owned and operated by the state-owned Turkish Maritime Lines (TDİ).
The construction of Galata Pier began in 1892, and was completed in 1900. Two warehouses were built in 1910, and three more were added in 1928. From 1925 on, the port authority started to give all the necessary logistics support to the ships, including water and coal supply, loading and unloading, maritime pilotage and marine salvage services.
The Port of Istanbul consists of three passenger halls, two of them covering an area of 4,000 m2 (43,000 sq ft) each and another of 800 m2 (8,600 sq ft). The three halls make it possible to handle around 10,000 tourists an hour, maintaining all the border control functions.
There is an open-air parking lot of 5,000 m2 (54,000 sq ft) for 200 excursion coaches. All facilities of the port are under surveillance by 78 closed-circuit television cameras at a control center on a 24/7 basis for security purposes. In 1957, the Salıpazarı Pier, built by the Ministry of Public Works, was completed and handed over to the Turkish Maritime Bank, the forerunner of the TDİ. The Port of Istanbul served as the country's biggest seaport for import cargo until 1986 when it became obsolete due to increase of container shipping.