The Bangkok Protestant Cemetery is a cemetery catering mainly to the foreign community in Bangkok. To date, the cemetery has over 1800 interments, and it is still accepting burials on a limited basis. The burial register is kept by Christ Church Bangkok (11 Convent Road). There are also a number of Jewish graves here, since before 1997 there was no other place in the city for the small Jewish community to bury their dead. This changed with the opening of the Jewish Cemetery, in a separate property adjacent to this cemetery.
The Bangkok Protestant Cemetery was founded by a royal land grant given by King Mongkut on 29 July 1853, to address the need for burial space for Bangkok's growing Protestant community.
The cemetery is located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River just south of the Menam Riverside Hotel, and 1.75 km south of the Saphan Taksin BTS Station along Charoen Krung Road.