The original Taiwan
Education Association Building (Chinese: 原臺灣教育會館; pinyin: Yuán Táiwān Jiàoyù Huìguǎn) was built in 1931 and originally housed exhibits of educational achievements in Taiwan, and served as a venue for regular gatherings. It is located in Taipei
Its design was directed by Ide Kaoru, the chief of the Japanese colonial government's civil engineering section, and was thus quite similar to that of the Taipei Assembly Hall. Its eclectic modern style includes exterior walls with brown face brick and a parapet with washed terrazzo in a geometrical pattern.
When Taiwan was handed over to the Republic of China
in 1945, the building for a short time hosted meetings of the provincial assembly. Later, it was rented by the United States
Information Service as the American Cultural Center, which moved out when the lease was due.
In 1992, the building was rented by the Scouts of China which is the national Boy Scouts organization in the Republic of China.