The Port of Keelung, also refers to Keelung Harbor, located in the vicinity of Keelung City, Taiwan. It is operated by Taiwan International Ports Corporation, the Taiwan's only state-owned harbor management company. The Treaties of Tianjin of 1860 specified Tamsui as an open port. The Port of Keelung opened the following year. In the Japanese colonial period, the Governor-General of Taiwan started the development of Keelung Harbor. By the early and middle 20th century, it was the largest port in Taiwan at the time.