The Parliament House (in Swedish: Riksdagshuset, "House of Parliament") is the seat of the Parliament of Sweden. It is located on Helgeandsholmen in Stockholm. The building was designed by Aron Johansson and erected between 1897 and 1905. When it was opened it replaced the Gamla Riksdagshuset on Riddarholmen. The building or buildings were originally constructed to house both the parliament and Sveriges Riksbank (Swedish National Bank). After the bi-chamber assembly was replaced by a unicameral assembly in 1971 the bank part was rebuilt to house the new assembly hall. During the construction the parliament moved into temporary premises in the newly erected Kulturhuset at Sergels Torg.