The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in Central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.
Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.