Situated inside the cathedral, Enrique Egás began to build it in 1506. It was constructed in Gothic style, when Renaissance style building had been going on in Castile for some time. In it can be seen the tombs of the Catholic monarchs, the work of Doménico Fancelli, and those of their daughter, Juana, and her husband, Felipe el Hermoso, made by Bartolomé Ordóñez. Masters like Gil de Hontañón, Juan de Badajoz el Viejo and Lorenzo Vázquez worked on this chapel.
Converted into a symbol of the monarchy's influence in Granada.