El Pi de les Tres Branques is a 25-metres-tall Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) located close to the road at Pla de Campllong near the town of Berga in north-central Catalonia, Spain. It has long been regarded by Catalan nationalists as representing the unity of the three "Catalan Countries" and is the site of a large political-cultural gathering on the third Sunday of July each year and at other times.
The tree has historically been regarded as a symbol of the Holy Trinity, apparently since before 1750, and is still a venue for religious pilgrimages, but its nationalist symbolism originated in an 1888 poem, Lo Pi de les Tres Branques by the poet Jacint Verdaguer, followed in 1898 by a theatrical play of the same name by Francesc Pelagi Briz.
Verdaguer also coined the name "Guernica of Catalonia" for the tree, referring to the Tree of Guernica, an oak tree which symbolises Basque freedom. In 1901 the landowner granted the tree and surrounding land to Unió Catalanista, a grouping of various nationalist organisations. In 1904, the first nationalist rally was held at the tree. In 2012, the local municipality of Castellar del Riu announced plans to take over the maintenance of the land around the two trees and develop facilities for visitors, including a car park and information panels.