The Church of Our Lady of Montserrat is a Baroque church in Central Madrid, Spain, located on Calle San Bernardo. The church was founded by King Philip IV of Spain to accommodate the Castillian monks from the Benedictine monastery of Montserrat, displaced by the insurrection in Catalonia in 1640. The Catalan monks of the monastery had expelled the Castillian monks.
The Church construction began in 1668, under the architect Sebastián Herrera Barnuevo. The facade was inspired by the Church of the Gesú in Rome by Jacopo Barozzi da Vignola. The Desamortización de Mendizábal of 1836 suppressed the monastic order, and in 1837, the structure became part of a women's prison called La Casa Galera. The Interior was never completed. Only one highly decorative tower was constructed. The interior once held Alonso Cano's wooden statue of Christ de Burgos, now in the Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando.