Santa Maria de Taüll Church, built between the 11th and 12th centuries, is an excellent example of Catalan Romanesque architecture. The temple was consecrated at the same time as San Clemente church in 1123. The building has a basilical ground plan with three naves separated by columns, but after the modifications carried out on the church only one nave remains.
The sanctuary has three apses and a 12th-century bell tower, comprising five floors, with an array of blind arches and pilaster-style decorative features. The interior houses wall paintings (scenes from Hell and the Last Judgement), copies of the originals are now preserved in the Catalan National Art Museum (MNAC).