The Robba Fountain (Robbov vodnjak), originally known as the Fountain of the Three Carniolan Rivers (Vodnjak treh kranjskih rek), is a fountain in the city of Ljubljana
, the capital of Slovenia
. It was originally located outside the Ljubljana Town Hall near the St. Nicholas' Cathedral. In 2006, the fountain was renovated and moved into the National Gallery, whereas a replica was placed in its previous site on the Town Square.The fountain was designed between 1743 and 1751 by the Italian sculptor Francesco Robba.
The fountain consists of three male figures, supposed to represent the gods of the three rivers of Carniola: Ljubljanica
and Krka as well as the three territorial units of Carniola: the Upper Carniola
, the Lower Carniola, and the Inner Carniola. Steps that lead up to the fountain represent the Carniolan mountains. The water pool has a shape of a shell. In the center of the fountain stands a 10 metres (33 ft) high obelisk.