Kranjska Gora (pronounced [ˈkɾaːnska ˈɡɔːɾa]; German: Kronau, Italian: Monte Cragnisca) is a town on the Sava Dolinka River in the Upper Carniola region of northwestern Slovenia, close to the Austrian and Italian borders. It is the seat of the Municipality of Kranjska Gora.
The Counts of Ortenburg established a church dedicated to Our Lady of the White Gravel (Slovene: Marija na belem produ) in the 14th century, referring to the bank of the Pišnica River, which has since changed course. The current church is late Gothic in style and as a typical Carinthian rib vaulting. It contains two sculptures from the second half of the 15th century and paintings by Leopold Layer (1752–1828).
Kranjska Gora is best known as a winter sports town, being situated in the Julian Alps. It annually hosts an event in the Alpine skiing World Cup series, also known as the Vitranc Cup, for the slalom and giant slalom events. The well-known ski jumping hill Planica is located in the nearby Tamar Valley.