Cankova is a town and a municipality in the Prekmurje region of Slovenia. The area was originally a part of Murska Sobota municipality. In 1995, Cankova - Tišina municipality was formed, which existed until 1999 when Tišina seceded as a separate municipality, giving rise to today's demarcation. The parish church in Cankova is dedicated to Saint Joseph and belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Murska Sobota. It was built in 1754 and renovated in 1900. It has a cruciform plan with a western belfry.