Bežigrad Gymnasium is a selective coeducational state secondary school for students aged between 15 to 20. It is named after the Bežigrad district in Ljubljana, Slovenia, where it is located. It is famous for its quality and for eminent alumni and is regarded as one of the top grammar schools in Slovenia.
The school was founded in 1596 as a Jesuit educational institution and it was located in the town center of Ljubljana, then capital of the Duchy of Carniola. In 1773 the Jesuit order was abolished and the Gymnasium became a state institution of the Habsburg Monarchy. Until 1889, it was the only grammar school in Ljubljana. In that year, the Poljane Grammar School was founded and the old institution was renamed to "First Gymnasium of Ljubljana".