The Church of St Francis Xavier is a Roman Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Singapore
, established in 1959 to cater to the needs of the residents of Serangoon Gardens as well as the neighbourhoods of Braddell Heights and Serangoon. Following Major renovations in the year 2000, the church now serves about 5,000 parishioners and is one of the larger Christian churches in the Serangoon district.
The main church underwent significant renovation in the year 2000, with air-conditioning and stained-glass panels installed. Seating capacity was also increased to 2000 as by then the church population had grown significantly. However the church still retained its distinctive design and bell tower which has become an icon of the church being a visible landmark of Serangoon estate.