Ross Priory is a category A listed building located west of Gartocharn, West Dunbartonshire, on the south shore of Loch Lomond. Although the term "Priory" implies some ecclesiastical provenance, this is not the case, being simply a 19th century romantic affectation.
The history of Ross Priory began with the Buchanan Clan during the 11th century. A dwelling is known to have existed on the site from as early as 1693. It is reported that in 1745 the Leith-Buchanans were cursed by the Marquess of Tullibardine, who, in the aftermath of the Battle of Culloden asked James Leith-Buchanan, 5th of Ross, for shelter at the Priory but was instead betrayed and given over to King George's men. Tullibardine cursed them with the utterance: