Cape Wrath (Scottish Gaelic: Am Parbh, known as An Carbh in Lewis) is a cape in the parish of Durness, in the county of Sutherland, Highlands, in northern Scotland. It is the most northwesterly point on the island of Great Britain. The land between the Kyle of Durness and the lighthouse that is situated right at the tip is known as the Parph: two hundred and seven square kilometres of virtually uninhabited moorland. The first road (now named the 'U70') in the district was built in 1828 by the lighthouse commission across the Parph (580 37.5 N. Latitude; 500 00.0 W. Longitude) to Britain's most north westerly point. This road is only accessible via the passenger ferry that crosses the Kyle of Durness.