Cathedral of San Sebastian was founded in April 27, 1876 by Bishop Mariano Cuartero but the cornerstone was laid and it was inaugurated in the January 20 in the year 1882. Now, referred to as the Bacolod Cathedral is located along the Rizal Street across the Bacolod City Public Plaza. The structure of cathedral is made up of coral stones and lime quarried of Guimaras Island and Palawan wood. Visitors of the cathedral will instantly notice the baroque architectural style as the pillar, walls; foundations of the church are coral stones.
The statue of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Bacolod is there on one side of the façade while the resurrected Jesus Christ is there in the mid section of the façade. The statue of San Sabestian is there inside the church on the main altar. Other highlights of the church are the flag stand with the logo of Recoletos and the old Stations of the Cross made up of plaster of Paris.